Educator Initiative Grants available
The 2017 Educator Initiative Grant (EIG) program application is now available on the GAR Foundation website. The EIG program is an annual program separate and distinct from GAR’s regular grant-making in the area of education. The goal of EIG is to support teacher-initiated, classroom-based projects and methods that demonstrably impact student academic achievement. The deadline to apply is February 24, 2017.
• Teams of K-12 Summit County educators in public, private, parochial, non-profit charter schools
• Projects that help students meet or exceed Ohio’s New Learning Standards
• Projects that demonstrate initiative, creativity, and progressive ideas
• Projects that help teachers/students achieve and/or promote the district or school’s vision
• Projects that demonstrate support for keeping learners on track along the six key transition points on the Cradle-to-Career Continuum