Community Program grants are awarded to organizations and programs that foster the needs of Akron’s residents and fall within two of our primary areas of giving.
Grantmaking Focus: The most basic human needs of Akron residents in crisis.
GAR supports high-functioning organizations that are working at scale to:
- Support high-capacity food distribution hubs that address food insecurity
- Support emergency shelters and related services for people in crisis
- Support the basic life needs of Akron’s immigrant and refugee population to enable successful life in Akron
Arts & Culture
Grantmaking Focus: The contribution of arts and culture to Akron’s identity as a vibrant, unique, and creative community.
- Support the artistic content and sustainable business practices of diverse anchor arts organizations serving the Akron community
- Support innovative arts and cultural initiatives, especially those that significantly advance the Akron Cultural Plan
- Invest in the overall health of the arts and culture sector by supporting quality sector infrastructure