New to the Educator Conference? Here’s What to Expect
August 29, 2018
- The Educator Conference will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn located at 1307 East Market Street, Akron 44305. There’s plenty of parking at the hotel. Overflow parking is available in the lot directly adjacent to the Hilton.
- Expect to meet someone new. Over 200 K-12 educators attend the conference from public, private, and community schools across Summit County. We strongly encourage you to create new connections and sit next to someone you’ve never met before.
- The Morning Kickoff Speakers address the entire conference and registration is not required for those.
- Be sure to arrive on time to catch our surprise guests.
- We ask that you register for one morning breakout session and one afternoon breakout session. These sessions are typically hands-on and interactive.
- Use #GARed18 and tag @garfoundation in your posts so we can retweet and share!
- Breakfast and lunch are included with your registration.
- Educators are eligible for five and a half contact hours for the day. Certificates will be emailed to you, they will not be available for pickup at the conference.
- You do not need to bring a ticket to the event. Your registration is noted. Be sure to check in when you arrive.
- We hate to see you go, but if you registered and can’t make it, please let us know as soon as possible.