T3 Education Webinar Series
Due to the events of the last year…
- Around 30% of students feel more depressed and unhappy than usual, even those “succeeding” in school.
- Nearly 29% of students say they do not feel connected to adults at school.
- Due to these and other factors, youth suicide has increased significantly.
- High-quality teachers are experiencing burnout and are quitting due to job stress.
- Teachers leaving the field are expanding inequality for students.
How do we address these issues? How can we prepare to support students as we return in the fall? How can teachers support their own mental health and self-care to be able to help their students?
The second webinar in our T3 Webinar series will address a broad discussion of “caring pedagogy.” Teachers, whether preparing for a summer respite or new summer programs, will leave this webinar with three key outcomes.
- Teachers will leave with 5 key strategies for supporting student mental health and well-being, regardless of the fall teaching format.
- Teachers will leave with 3 key strategies for self-care and rejuvenation during their summer break.
- Teachers will leave with examples of innovative, technology-enhanced programs and related tools to consider as they plan for summer and fall teaching (e.g., EIG existing programs).
All teachers participating in the free webinar will earn 1 CEU hour. Teachers will also have the opportunity to earn 2 free additional CEU hours for continued exploration of ideas presented in the webinar.
Presenters include Dr. Rick Ferdig, Ph.D., the Summit Professor of Learning Technologies and Professor of Educational Technology at Kent State University; Angela Harper, principal at Mason Community Learning Center; Eric Ling, teacher at Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy; and Lucille Esposito, Consulting EIG Program Manager at GAR Foundation.
About the webinar series “Teaching Teachers with Technology (T3)”: Research has provided evidence that technology can help teachers teach and students learn in online, blended, or face-to-face environments. The purpose of this webinar series (titled, “Teaching Teachers with Technology” or T3) is to provide introductions to cutting-edge topics that could help teachers and students in K-12 learning environments. These webinars are not lectures; rather, they are interactive seminars where participants will have a chance to learn, ask, and share.
Watch the first T3 Webinar, held on January 26, 2021 here: