Teaching is _______
What does teaching mean to you? What could you use more or less of in your classroom? How do you want to feel when you begin and end your day of teaching? What does success look like in your classroom? Most importantly, what do you want your students to achieve? This year at GAR Foundation’s Educator Conference, we want you to fill in the blank.
This year’s conference is designed to empower classroom teachers to choose the word, theme, or phrase that will bring focus and clarity to guide their school year, set goals, and inspire students. We’re focusing on nurturing positive learning environments, advancing high-quality classroom-based strategies, and leadership that transforms schools.
You’ll find a nugget of inspiration embedded within every session to enable and empower classroom educators to define the teaching strategies, climate, relationships, and themes that will shape their work and goals to advance student achievement.
Are you ready to fill in the blank? We saved space for you.
October 3, 2019
8 AM – 3 PM
Hilton Garden Inn – Akron
Who should attend?
The sessions are designed specifically for K-12 classroom educators in public, private, and parochial schools in Summit County, Ohio. Space is limited and priority is given to Summit County educators only.
What to expect at #GARed19:
- Hear from highly inspiring educators and experts in the field who are doing extraordinary things right here in Summit County.
- Exchange ideas with teachers around education and classroom instruction.
- Discover ways to translate best practices into practical classroom applications through hands-on breakout sessions.
- Network with K-12 teachers who share the same passion for teaching.
- Learn about GAR’s grantmaking in classroom learning
Want to take a walk down memory lane? Click here to See what happened at the 2018 conference.
Call for Presenters
The deadline to submit a proposal has passed. Thank you for your interest.