Capital Grants will open on April 1, 2021 and applications must be submitted by May 7, 2021. A Letter of Inquiry is not required for capital requests.
Note: GAR recently updated its online application portal. Read about that update here.
2021 Capital Criteria
Capital projects are defined as new buildings or renovations or expansion to existing facilities/buildings.
- Projects must advance GAR’s strategies in the areas of education, economic and workforce development, basic needs, arts and culture, and nonprofit sector advancement.
- Organizations that have already received, or plan to apply for, operating or program funding in 2021 may apply.
- Requested amount must be $50,000 or less.
- The organization (and project within the application) must be located within Summit County.
- Funds must be deployed within 18 months of grant award.
- 100% of the organization’s board members must have already contributed to the capital project (and/or to the overall organization if the capital project is not part of a discrete capital campaign).
- Capital project must be critical to the organization’s mission.
- Organization must be able to show that project will create quantifiable efficiencies.
- The capital campaign must be near completion (most dollars already raised).
- Organization must have exhausted most other potential funding sources.
- GAR does not fund vehicles, technology, or organizations working in subjects outside of GAR’s strategic priorities.