GAR Foundation is offering one application period in 2019 for capital grant requests. The application is available through our online application portal only. You can save your application and log in at any time to review or make changes.
The deadline to apply is June 3, 2019. Decisions will be announced in August.
Capital projects are defined as (1) renovations or expansion to existing facilities or; (2) the construction of new buildings.
- Projects must advance GAR’s strategies in the areas of education, economic and workforce development, basic needs, arts and culture, and nonprofit sector advancement.
- Organizations that have already received, or plan to apply for, operating or program funding in 2019 may apply.
- Preference will be given to projects and campaigns that are close to achieving their total fundraising goal.
- Organization must have exhausted most other potential funding sources.
- Requested amount must be $50,000 or less.
- The organization (and facility within the application) must be located within Summit County.
- Funds must be deployed within 18 months of grant award.
- 100% of the organization’s board members must have already contributed to the capital project (and/or to the overall organization if the capital project is not part of a discrete capital campaign).
- Capital project must be critical to the organization’s mission.
- Organization must be able to show that project will create quantifiable efficiencies.
GAR does not fund:
- Organizations working in subjects outside of GAR’s strategic priorities
- Technology upgrades
How to apply
Creating an Account:
Once you’ve opened the appropriate application link (below), click on the “New Applicant” link on the login page to create a new account using an email address and password.
Next, you will be prompted to complete a brief eligibility quiz.
After you’ve completed the registration, you will receive a confirmation email with a link and login information so you can begin your application.
A Letter of Inquiry is not required for Capital requests.
If you have applied to GAR in the past and already have an account with our online portal, log in using your existing email and password. If you forgot your password, click on Forgot Password and follow the prompts to reset it. We do not have access to your password. If you have questions or trouble accessing your online application, contact our offices at 330.576.2915.