GAR’s Educator Initiative Grant (EIG) Program is an annual program that supports teacher-initiated, classroom-based projects in Summit County.
Who’s eligible: Teams of K-12 Summit County educators in public, private, parochial or not-for-profit charter schools.
Priority is given to the following
- Projects/programs that help students meet/exceed Ohio’s Learning Standards
- Projects that incorporate evidence-based teacher professional development
- Projects/programs that help teachers/students achieve/promote the district or school’s vision
- Projects that demonstrate support for keeping learners on track for college and career readiness, as demonstrated by progress along six key transition points on the Cradle-to-Career Continuum
- Grants to improve achievement in one or more classrooms: Up to $5,000
- Grants to improve achievement in grade level or departments: Up to $10,000
- Grants to improve achievement school-wide: Up to $15,000
EIG does not fund:
Furniture or capital improvements
Incentives or rewards for students (pencils, pens, stickers, etc)
T-shirts or clothing
Standard school supplies
Before you apply for an Educator Initiative Grant, follow these simple steps to prepare for your application:
Want to download all of these documents at once?
Our Applicant’s Packet includes everything you need for your proposal.
February 22, 2019 by 5 p.m.
If you are a new applicant to GAR Foundation and have never created an account in our online portal, follow these steps to create a new account:
Step 1: Once you’ve opened the application link above, click on the “New Applicant” link on the login page to create a new account using an email address and password.
Step 2: After you’ve completed the registration, you will receive a confirmation email with a link and login information so you can begin your application.
If you have applied to GAR in the past, click on the application link above and sign in using your e-mail and password. If you can’t remember your password, click on Forgot Password and follow the prompts.
Grant Preparation Workshops
Workshops are conducted for interested educators to describe the application process, explain the decision criteria, and answer questions.
For questions about the EIG Program, contact: Lucille Esposito, EIG Program Manager, email@example.com or 330.550.6661