STEP THREE: APPLICATION
The application is available through our online application portal only. You can save your application and log in at any time to review or make changes.
– Read the FAQs about our new strategies (updated June, 2018)
– Review our eligibility page to ensure you are eligible to apply for funding
– Download our application templates below to prepare for the application. THIS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS YOUR APPLICATION. This template is simply to prepare you for the questions that will be asked on the application. If you can’t answer these questions, your program or organization is most likely not a fit.
Click here for the Community Programs Application Template
Click here for the Systemic Solutions Application Template
Download and complete this Organization Budget Template and attach it to the application when prompted.
Arts & Culture Applicants:
Download and complete this Arts and Culture Data Form and attach it to the application when prompted.
K-16 Education Applicants:
GAR Foundation has joined the growing number of philanthropic organizations seeking to understand impact in a more meaningful way, because we want to maximize the good we can do. To be considered for funding:
-All K-12 education programs offering sustained interactions with children (defined as 15 hours over at least 4 weeks for summer programs; 20 hours over at least 9 weeks for all other programs) must attend the Out of School Time Provider (OSTP) Quarterly meetings hosted by Summit Education Initiative (SEI) and track impact on student educational outcomes.
– K-12 education programs serving Akron Public School students must: a) register as an OSTP in SEI’s Youth View® online portal; b) attend the required training on FERPA & OSTP provided by SEI; and, c) actively use SEI’s OSTP Portal to track outcomes.
– K-12 education programs serving youth age 12 or older must administer the Youth View® OSTP
Applying for Community Programs grant?
Applying for a Systemic Solutions grant?
Creating a New Applicant Account
- Step 1 Once you’ve opened the appropriate application link (above), click on the “New Applicant” link on the login page to create a new account using an email address and password.
- Step 2 Next, you will be prompted to complete a brief eligibility quiz.
- Step 3 After you’ve completed the registration, you will receive a confirmation email with a link and login information so you can begin your application.
Logging into your account
Log in here or click on the Applicant Login button at the top of this page to continue working on an application or to view previous application forms submitted.
NOTE: Be sure to write down your login name and password for future reference. We do not have access to your password. If you forget your password, click on Forgot Password on the login page and follow the prompts. If you have questions or trouble accessing your online application, contact our offices at 330.576.2915.
You’ve submitted an application, now what?
During the grant review process, you may be contacted for an interview or to provide additional information.If your grant is approved, a program officer will contact you by phone to inform you of the award decision within 24 hours of our Distribution Committee meeting, and a grant award agreement will be sent to you within seven working days. You then sign and remit the agreement and funds will be released per the terms of the grant agreement. If your grant is denied or deferred, a program officer will contact you within 24 hours of our Distribution Committee meeting to discuss with you the reasons why, and any applicable next steps.