- This event has passed.
Seeing Beyond the Numbers: Understanding Nonprofit Accounting Operations and How to Use this Information to Tell Your Story
October 24, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
This workshop provides a framework for understanding financial operations and how to apply it within an organization. The session focuses on how to use financial information to make informed decision-making, and gives participants hands-on practice using those statements to communicate an organization’s progress toward its mission.
Who should attend?
This workshop is for nonprofit executive directors, board members, accounting staff. Registration is limited to up to three individuals per organization.
• How to use your nonprofit’s financial statements to evaluate the organization’s financial health and how to use this information to tell your organization’s story
• Understanding the difference between audits, review, and compilations
• Internal controls and best practices for nonprofits
• The real story behind your organization’s budget
• The role of the board in financial oversight
• Endowments and what they mean for your organization
Participants are asked to bring a copy of their organization’s Form 990.
About the Presenter:
Jennifer Kelsch, CFO – GAR Foundation
Jennifer Kelsch joined GAR Foundation in 2009 as Chief Financial Officer. Her robust background in accounting, financial management, assurance services, internal finance management, and commercial lending led her to establish her accounting practice, JSK Solutions, Ltd. in 2007 to service the financial needs of organizations. In addition to her work with GAR, her engagements include financial management for a basic needs nonprofit organization and a community development corporation. Jennifer attended Indiana University where she received a Bachelor of Science in accounting.
A password is required to register. If you are interested in this seminar but did not receive an invitation to register, please contact us at email@example.com.