GAR Foundation is offering one application period in 2017 for matching fund requests from winners of the Knight Arts Challenge program. The deadline to apply is February 1, 2017. Please read all of the eligibility requirements carefully before applying:
- Applicants must have won a Knight Arts Challenge grant. Requests for future Arts Challenge submissions will not be accepted. Requests from people who applied for a Knight Arts Challenge grant but did not win one will also not be accepted.
- The project must advance GAR’s strategies in the areas of arts and culture.
- Applicants must be a 501(c)3 organization or have a written, signed agreement with a 501(c)3 fiscal sponsor. GAR does not make grants to individuals. GAR also does not make grants to for-profit entities.
- Applicants who applied for, or received GAR match funding for a Knight Arts Challenge project in 2016 may apply.
Please note: funding is very limited and competitive. While we believe that all of the winning projects will add to our community’s vibrancy, we have limited resources to dedicate to match commitments. There is no guarantee that your project will be funded.
The deadline to apply for a Knight Arts Challenge match was February 1, 2017. This will be the only opportunity to ask GAR Foundation for match funds in 2017. GAR will announce funding in late spring 2017.
- A letter of Inquiry is not required for a Knight Arts Challenge match request.
- We are using a special application form for Knight Arts Challenge requests. Please make sure you click only on the link that says Knight Arts Challenge Match Applications to apply. Do not click on the Arts & Culture application form.
- The application is available through our online application portal only. You can save your application and log in at any time to review or make changes.
- Knight Arts Challenge applicants are not required to complete a DataArts profile (which is the form we use with our other arts and culture applicants).
If you are a new applicant to GAR Foundation and have never created an account in our online portal, follow these steps to create a new account:
- Step 1 Once you’ve opened the appropriate application link (below), click on the “New Applicant” link on the login page to create a new account using an email address and password.
- Step 2 After you’ve completed the registration, you will receive a confirmation email with a link and login information so you can begin your application.
If you have applied to GAR in the past, click on the application link below and sign in using your e-mail and password. If you can’t remember your password, click on Forgot Password and follow the prompts.
Applying for a Knight Arts Challenge Match grant?
The 2017 deadline has passed. Announcements will be made in May.