GAR’s Capital Grant Program is an annual program to support renovations or expansion projects to existing facilities or new buildings that advance GAR’s strategies in the areas of education, basic needs and independence, civic enhancement, and arts and culture.
- Project must advance GAR’s strategies in the areas of education, basic needs and independence, civic enhancement, and arts and culture.
- Asking amount must be $50,000 or less.
- The organization (and facility within the application) must be located within Summit County.
- Funds must be deployed within 18 months of grant award.
- 100% of the organization’s board members must have already contributed to the capital project (and/or to the overall organization if the capital project is not part of a discrete capital campaign).
- Capital project must be critical to the organization’s mission.
- Organization can show project will create quantifiable efficiencies.
- The capital campaign is close to or coming to an end.
- Most available funding for capital campaign must be exhausted.
GAR does not fund:
- Areas outside of GAR’s strategic priorities
- School-based technology
A letter of Inquiry is not required for a Capital request. Capital applications are only available once per year and must be submitted on a separate Capital Application Form.
The next round of funding will open in Spring, 2017 with a deadline of April 14, 2017.