The GAR capital grant application is now open. The deadline to apply is April 14, 2017.
The Capital Grant Program supports renovations or expansion projects to existing facilities or new buildings that advance GAR’s strategies in the areas of education, basic needs and independence, civic enhancement, or arts and culture.
- Project must advance GAR’s strategies in the areas of education, basic needs and independence, civic enhancement, or arts and culture.
- Requested amount must be $50,000 or less.
- The organization (and facility within the application) must be located within Summit County.
- Funds must be deployed within 18 months of grant award.
- 100% of the organization’s board members must have already contributed to the capital project (and/or to the overall organization if the capital project is not part of a discrete capital campaign).
- Capital project must be critical to the organization’s mission.
- Organization must be able to show that project will create quantifiable efficiencies.
- The capital campaign must be near completion (most dollars already raised).
- Organization must have exhausted most other potential funding sources.
GAR does not fund:
- Organizations working in subjects outside of GAR’s strategic priorities
- School-based technology
Application & Deadline
The deadline to apply is April 14, 2017. A letter of Inquiry is not required for a Capital request. Capital applications are only available once per year and must be submitted on a separate Capital Application Form below.
Visit our Grants Awarded page to browse previously funded capital projects.